Route 169 ramp to I-29 will close for at least 35 days
- PLATTE/CLAY COUNTIES – Crews will close the ramp from NB 169 to NB I-29 Monday, April 18 through Sunday, May 22 for bridge repairs. This will be a 24/7 closure. Motorists should allow ample time for the detour via Route 9 to I-635 to I-29, or other alternate routes. All work is weather dependent.
Southbound I-435 Bridge Work Lane Switch
- KANSAS CITY –The left lane of southbound I-435 between Front Street and Highway 24 will close, shifting traffic to the right lane and shoulder of I-435, beginning 9 p.m. on Saturday, April 9. This traffic configuration will stay in place until mid-May and is part of the Missouri Department of Transportation’s bridge rehabilitation project for 10 bridges on I-435. All work is weather dependent.
- Following this bridge work, traffic control will switch to the two remaining bridges on Southbound I-435, closing a lane of I-435 from 24 Highway and 23rd Street until mid-June.
- Crews will begin work on the northbound lanes of I-435 following the southbound work in June for the six remaining bridges. This will reduce northbound I-435 to two lanes through the end of August.
- Motorists are also encouraged to seek an alternate route using Route 291 or I-29/35 to avoid traffic delays. If possible, avoid the work zone during peak rush hour from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. by flexing work schedules and during major events in the area.
For more information about other MoDOT projects, please visit MoDOT’s Website at www.modot.mo.gov/kansascity.